When do you say someone is a tech entrepreneur? A tech entrepreneur is an individual who creates a new business and makes their technology based idea a reality. In today’s augmenting era, with utmost use of Internet, the digital platform serves as an opportunity for all creative-heads.
Many people think that to become a successful entrepreneur, they should start in their early twenties, but that’s not correct! Neither do you need a matching suit and tie set. All you need is a million dollar idea that is capable to make a difference.
These are some successful Tech Entrepreneurs:
1. Elon Musk
A visionary genius, and a true technological entrepreneur, after co-founding the most popular online payment network, PayPal, and selling it to eBay for around $1.5 Billion, Elon Musk invested his entire share of $70 Million into Tesla and $80 Million into SpaceX.
He’s also the maker of launch vehicles and spacecraft. Elon’s net worth in today’s date is around $96 Billion. Moreover, he is heralded as the ‘Real-Life Iron Man’ because of his outstanding accomplishments and extraordinary innovations.
2. Jack Patrick Dorsey
He is an American technology entrepreneur and philanthropist who is the co-founder and CEO of Twitter, and the founder and CEO of Square, a financial payments company. His startup idea just changed how people can communicate about their views and opinions over the internet.
The social media platform provides a stage for political news, controversies, fashion industry, entertainment and much more. He has also been heralded as the “Apparent heir to Steve Jobs”. Jack Dorsey has a net worth of $4.9 billion, according to Forbes 2020.
3. Jeffrey Preston Bezos
The company started off as an online bookstore and in today’s date provides a vast variety of other e-commerce products and services, including video and audio streaming. Bezos’s net worth is approximately around $185.9 Billion
4. Steve Jobs
He was the co-founder of Apple Computer, Inc. (now Apple Inc.), and a charismatic pioneer of the personal computer era. Jobs and Wozniak co-founded Apple in 1976 to sell Wozniak’s Apple I personal computer followed by Apple II, being an immediate success. After many years of innovations with ups and downs, apple today is best known for making some of the world’s most ubiquitous consumer devices.
5. Brian Chesky
He is another remarkable tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Airbnb, an online platform where users can rent their homes, or individual rooms, to guests making travel stay much easier.
Airbnb now has more than 250,000 listings in more than 30,000 cities worldwide, according to Fortune. Certainly, his idea of connecting people in need of a room to people who want to rent a room brought a great change. Airbnb has become quite popular.
- Some other famous examples are Bill Gates, Mark Pincus, Chad Hurley, Rashmi Sinha, Andrew Houston etc.
So after these few examples you can get an idea of about who a Tech Entrepreneur really is and how their ideas have changed the way we live, work and play in day to day life. These tech entrepreneurs managed to combine their technical knowledge with proper teaming up with great management system to build a legacy from scratch and manifest it to the world.
Can you become a tech entrepreneur?
Imagine yourself in a car hustling to reach your work place or college but helplessly stuck in the traffic and while sitting out of nowhere an excellent idea pops into your mind! That’s it! That’s the idea! However, apart from an idea you also need to focus on some more key points.
1. Come up with a great idea. Pen it down and make notes before it fades away from your mind.
2. Tell to people who you think will motivate you. This will help you get a head start. Also you can get good suggestions and advises that you can actually implement.
3. Try to get investors and funding. Make this thing your dream project and invest money from your own pocket as well. Focus on making customers, employees and investors happy.
4. Identify and Embrace your strengths. This will give you an edge in your startup. You need to truly understand why you are in this and what qualities of yours will paint your business with colors.
5. Learn wherever and whenever you can. It is well said, “Learning never goes in vain”. Expand your real knowledge and truly relevant insights about the market, the future scenarios, competitions, new techniques and shortcuts. Keep yourself updated!
6. Form a strong team. Develop good relationships with people who will root for you and will stand by you in your hardships. It is much better to have few real supporters than many acquaintances. Also try to make a diverse team, they tend to be more successful.
7. Be flexible. Don’t worry too much about your initial idea, see it as a starting point to something greater and possibly quite different. Improvisation is inevitable.
Sometimes, we may be discouraged, we are tempted to believe that only the “lucky” people receive the best opportunities and that we just don’t have that lucky quality. However, anyone can encounter numerous opportunities when we put in the work to step into the right place at the right time.
Many entrepreneurs want to genuinely change the world whereas some want to become independent. That’s all fine, but it’s essential to truly understand what you really want to achieve and how can you get it.
Technology, is in a rapid motion and will keep on changing its face faster within the next few decades. Hence, being an entrepreneur in this field, will only make you grow. Government has also been extremely supportive towards this under Make In India campaign.
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” and it’s never too late to be what you might have become!
So what’s stopping you? Chase your dream and make it happen! ALL THE BEST!